Teaching Advancement Board 2013-2014
The Teaching Advancement Board (TAB) encourages excellence and innovation in teaching. Twelve distinguished faculty members comprise the board.
The TAB has four main roles:
- evaluate and foster specific programs to improve the quality of teaching
- sponsor forms of recognition for excellence in teaching
- provide support for instructional enhancement
- promote developmental activity in support of teaching
- Provost's Initiative on Teaching Advancement (PITA)
- Abstracts of Previous PITA Grants
- Travel Grants
- Celebration of Teaching Excellence (formally known as Instructional Awards)
- Distinguished Teacher-Scholar Program
The TAB also supports college-based professional development programs on teaching effectiveness (the Teaching Academies).
Instructional Development provides workshops and the Faculty Retreat on Active Learning, an annual one-day event.
Mark Micale, co-chair (Spring 2014)
Sara Hook, co-chair, (Fall 2013)
- Stephen Notaro, co-chair (2013-2014)
W. Brooke Elliott
- Soo-Yeun Lee
Rosa Milagros Santos Gilbertz
- Tim Stelzer
Michel Bellini, ex officio
- Lauren Goodlad, ex-officio (Fall 2013)
Peter Mortensen, ex officio (Spring 2014)